Saturday 3 January 2015

Own Photos of Hands

Different positions



I used these photos as starting points for some of my experiments. With these photos I did nothing with the colour or effect to give them more simplicity and so that the focus is mainly on the hands.

Black and white 




Looking at different hand positions again, I tried out some photos in black and white. I like the contrasting colours in these, and particularly like the last photo as the hands in it stand out very much against the background.



Here I did black and white photos of my hands covering my face. This could be representing shying away from people in society. The black and white adds to the contrast of the photo.

Painted hands




To juxtapose with the black and white, I decided to cover my hands in brightly coloured paint to show the freedom and creativity that are often connotations of hands. I like these photos because the colours and shape on the hands reminds my of a map, perhaps linking to freedom and creativity as these can go hand in hand with travel.

Gloved Hands





As an opposite to the colourful, painted hands representing freedom, these gloved hands link with restraint and separation or hiding from other things. I think that these photos would be interesting to draw from because of the textures and contrast of a lighter background and darker foreground.

Use of lighting 




These photos show a different light setting, creating a strong juxtaposition in light and dark. The colours in the photos are mainly cold, highlighting this contrast. I think that they would be interesting to draw with a medium such as charcoal because this would depict the strong dissimilarity in the tones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment